Monday, February 9, 2009

Long Days

I haven't posted anything in a while because for the past week I've been working double shifts. Several days in a row I have been in at 8 and then worked 10-13 hour shifts. Double time!! But I'm pretty tired. I think that several of the regulars were on vacations or something. So after several hours under my belt I've come up with some lists that I'll be adding to periodically, that I think everyone should memorize before visiting a theme park.

I love it when:

Guests with disabilities are excited when we tell them that the standby line (the longer line) is fully accessible.

People in the handicap area who do NOT need wheelchairs volunteer to let the people who do need wheelchairs go ahead of them.


It bugs me when:

People in the handicap area get irritated that they have to wait 6 minutes for the wheelchair accessible vehicle to come back around.

Guests get irritated that the fast pass line joins with the standby line 10 mins before you get to the cars.

People do the same thing on every ride they go on at each park they visit. They get in line, walk into the car, sit down in the car, properly restrain themselves and then ride the ride. Every ride. Every time. Every day. It's the same. Even if it's the first ride the guest has ever been on they usually have the chance to watch at least one (and usually two) other sets of guests before it's their turn. But for some unknown reason, when it come time for each guest to do this routine themselves their minds get sucked out of their heads through their noses. It's like a whole new world has been opened when those gates open, one where up is down and down is sideways and the regular routine that everyone knew 6 seconds ago no longer applies. Except that it does...which is why I say, "(To the guest returning in the vehicle) Welcome back toys, you're gonna exit towards the wall, If your lap bars get stuck press down and then up. (Then turning to the mindless idio-I mean wonderful guests waiting at the gates) You toys are going to go on in, take their seats and pull that lap bar down as soon as you sit down. Don't worry about the doors, I'll get the door, you get your lap bar." EVERY time we dispatch a vehicle. :-

3 comments:

  1. There's very little that will make you dislike people like working with the public. It's something to work on ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be like those people. I'm not going to pay attention to anything that you have said before it is my time to get on. I will then not know how to do anything. I think it will be fun!! Are you excited about me coming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. After that comment... no. ;-) But Since I know you wont be like that... YES!!!

    ReplyDelete