Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dad's Trip Days 1 & 2

Sorry I haven't posted anything in awhile. My dad got here to bring me my jeep last Thursday and we have been running around ever since. I had a blast with him here and have lots of pics to share. Starting with my JEEP!!!! Isn't it lovely. I love it, for sure. Richard (my GPS that I got for christmas) is having some problems...but hopefully we can get him straightened out. Richard brought dad into orlando using a few dirt roads and a way that was not the most direct route. But after a few, "You just passed what road? Mapquest doesn't show that road on 441 anywhere!" we steered dad here.






Downtown Disney: The parks close at 8, but there is always something to Disney to do here in Orlando. Downtown Disney is like a huge out-door mall with specialty shops, a show every once and a while, disney stores, and cool places to eat. We went there on thursday night to eat and hang out. I think we look pretty good in these pics, especially dad. I told him that with the leather jacket and the gotee...he maybe should think about taking up biking. I'm not sure what mom would have to say about that, but I have a theory that every girl wants her boy to be able to at least look like a bad boy from time to time...so I think it'd be okay.





This is a lego dragon!!! How cool is that? The head comes out of the water probably about 10 feet. Right behind where I took this picture, there is a lego family (life size) taking pictures of the dragon. Yeah for imagination. Then dad and I stumbled upon the hundred acre wood and asked a couple of our friends if they would mind taking a picture with us. They were, of course, very happy to. Pooh even let us sit on his thoughful spot. What a nice guy.





Dinner happened at T-Rex, which is a prehistoric Rainforest Cafe. It was really neat. We got to eat in the ice cave, which turned red like it was on fire during the meteor shower that happened every 30 mins. The animatronics we pretty cool in this place. =)




The next day we were off to the animal kingdom. We did every major thing there. The rollar coaster Mt. Everest. The 4D show "It's Tough to be a Bug" where you get stung by hornets, sprayed with acid from a termite, and then before you leave beetles and roaches crawl all over you. =) So cool. And also several shows.




The Safari was pretty cool too, we got pretty close to several of the animals. These two that we were at least 1o feet from. The wildabeast walked in front of our vehicle and we had to wait on him to get out of the way!







Also we watched the parade. It was a fun mix of brightly colored costumes and all the traditional characters in their safari outfits. Parades are always fun. :-)




Since Animal Kingdom closes at 6:00 we headed over to the Magic Kingdom to catch the fireworks. We got there a little early and got a private ride of Pirates of the Caribbean. No one in line and no one showed up before it was time for our boat to leave. That was fun. The fire works were amazing. I love how they match up the colors, timing and even the castle lighting to the music they play. I know it's all done to create an emotional experiance...but when you're walking out of the park after that, you really do believe in magic and that dreams can come true. Mine did...I work at Disney!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I had a great time and I am already looking forward to Spring Break, even though I know there will be pleanty of sims there.

    BTW I already believed in Magic ... You've been adding "Magical Moments" to my life for over 22 years now. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pics! I don't mind your father as a 'bad boy' either! (I might need a paper copy of that one.) I'm glad you had a great time. I'm really looking forward to March. Looking forward to the rest of the details of the trip. Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy seeing the pictures. I knew you would enjoy working at Disney and being in Orlando. It is even better to be in Orlando now that you have a Jeep to do things things!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I am officially jealous! I want to come play! Too bad I have to go to school. I think after 3 snow days I probably shouldn't complain too much about having to be there. :) I am glad you are enjoying your time there so far. I can't figure out how to post with my name... I need a little help! -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Come on down Katie. Anytime you want. :-) You post with your name by clicking on the drop down menu next to "comment as:" and choosing "Name/URL" the second one up from the bottom. Then you can add in a name or nickname to post under. :-)

    ReplyDelete