Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Beach Day

Not long after we had all moved in my roommates and I came to the realization that we probably wouldn't really see each other much. Just for fun we decided to all request a day off about a month before we left, if we still liked each other we would go to the beach, if we didn't...we all had a day off, no harm done, spend it how you want to. We picked April 21st. Why? Well, because it's the "perfect date". (Miss Congeniality was on while we were talking about this.) What a great day we choose!!!
We all still like each other (or at least pretend to ;-) so we got up this morning around 9ish to head to a beach. We decided on Daytona instead of Cocoa because it wasn't that much farther and most of us like trying new things. It was great, I wish we had been going to Daytona since we got here. We took 2 cars, one of course was my topless jeep, (I love my jeep!!!!) and headed to the coast. When we got there I was so excited to know that they let you drive on the beach. What?!? YES, I drove my topless jeep up and down the beach, probably 40 feet from the water in the morning...then not more than 20 when we left in the evening. I loved it!
While there we did all sorts of things. We laid out and worked on our Florida tans. I was proud of myself I brought sunscreen and even applied it twice. But I still got a little burned. Not too bad though. It's kind of funny, the main places I got burned are my right upper arm and shoulder. I'm blaming it on my left hand's poor aim, since I use the spray can of sun screen.

We played in the water of course. It wasn't warm but it really wasn't too cold either. We were running into the waves and jumping on each other in the water though so we stayed warm enough. We (April, Tiffany and I) played catch with a Nerf football. Tracy was with us too...but she was playing "drop"...she didn't catch much, nor did we catch much after her tosses.
But the most fun thing we did was Parasail. I've done it before when I was younger and really did like it. It ended up only being 4 of us, but it was a blast, we went 2 at a time and April and I were together. It was lots of fun. They had a "professional" (I think the only thing really professional about him was his camera) on the boat to take pictures we could purchase afterwards if we wanted. Most of his pics weren't that great...but you got everything on the SD card if you wanted them and there were some that were pretty cool. So for your enjoyment...a few pics of April and I high above the waters of the Atlantic. :-)

Getting ready to take off. :-)

That plane felt...really, really close. I know it wasn't all that close, but it felt really close while we were up there.

We are on that tiny circle just above where the rope disappears.

We were spitting and counting how long it took to fall. At the highest point we couldn't watch it go all the way down. The most that we could see it was 16 seconds.

At the end they dip you in the water. It's a little scary, but pretty fun.

They actually did it to us twice. We think the boat boys were flirting with the 4 college girls on a slow day at the beach. ;-)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a blast and the topless Jeep was icing on a pretty sweet cake. Your mom and I wish we could have come up with a better grad present, oh well we did the best we could ;) (And I get first comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you had a good time. You all were a long ways away from the boat. I'm not sure I could of done that. Looks a little scary. Hearing you talk about the beach makes me want to go really bad. I think we should try to go somewhere over the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure, we can go. I think my July looks pretty open.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How about if we leave after church on the 5 (of July) drive all night and the enxt day, and then spend the 7th-10th here. If we left in time we could be back by church on Sunday. :-)

    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That will not work for me. I have something else going on that week. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete